Highly entertaining game.
Highly delicious soy sauce.
1. Post the rules that are a part of this game
2. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged
3. Tag eleven people and link to them on your post
4. Let them know you’ve tagged them! (but of course)
Now, my answers:
1. When did you start your blog? Why? I published my first post here on August 6, 2011. I’d already been dealing with infertility for five years at that point, but 2011 was the year I really started to need support from someone besides my husband. I joined an online support group at inspire.com, but, well, there were too many bitches. I was already reading a couple of blogs, so I started my own.
2. Who is the most influential person in your life? My husband, of course. Even on the days when my not-entirely-healthy issues have me desperately needing his approval.
3. If you could travel to any place in the world, where would you go? Today, I’d go to Washington, DC, to Arlington National Cemetery to see my mom’s parents final resting place. If I could save it until August 5, I’d go to Rhode Island for my grandmother’s memorial service.
4. What is your favorite breakfast food? I love breakfast food. But just one, I’d pick biscuits and gravy, when you butter and grill the biscuit halves before spooning the gravy over top.
5. Do you have different songs you listen to based on different moods? The short answer is no. Now that I don’t spend 50-60 hours a week in my car, I rarely listen to music. I don’t have any background noise on when I’m home alone, and only seldom when it’s just me and our daughter. However, when I’m in the car by myself, if ‘Panama’ comes on the radio, you can hear me coming from, well, a long way away.
6. What is the one thing you want most but don’t know if you’ll ever be able to receive? A constant sense of security in myself, in my life, in my relationships. I want to not fear the other shoe dropping.
7. Do you promote your blog on Twitter? I automatically post links when I publish, but I don’t shamelessly self-promote constantly like a certain friend of ours. My husband will immediately know to whom I’m referring.
8. How many blogs do you read regularly? 30 exactly. And probably 10 or so occasionally.
9. What is your favorite TV show or movie? Of all time, Alien Nation. Currently loving Community, we just finished season two.
10. If you could work in any career field regardless of ability or training, what would it be? I would…make pizzas. Seriously. I love making pizzas. And cutting and boxing them.
11. What is your favorite sport? If you don’t like sports, what is your favorite game? I like to play softball or basketball, but I’m not really a fan of watching anything unless someone I love is playing.
Now! I will freely admit that I’m wimping out on tagging anyone. I have backslid quite a bit with my self esteem, and I’m afraid anyone I tag will be disgusted and hate me forever. In fact, just saying that has me cringing in fear. I’ve got to get back on the wagon.
On another note, the same lovely and talented strugglingwithbipolar nominated me for a Liebster Award. Okay, maybe not an entirely different note, because I’m scared to nominate people for that one too. But I will sing the praises of my nominator, and strongly encourage you to check out her blog. She truly inspires me to keep fighting. Thank you!!