Potato is a good name for a cat, she thought, staring into the depths of the refrigerator. The bright yellow potato salad container caught her eye, but she quickly dismissed it as a snack. Sighing, she opened the vegetable drawer and removed the bag of radishes. I guess that’ll do.
- Jimmy DiResta
- So Delicious Coconut flavor nondairy frozen dessert
- Milka Oreo Big Crunch Bar
- Nautica pajamas
- The Secret History
We failed to purchase a roast pork tenderloin. Maybe next time.
Ross Anselm looked in the mirror as he gripped the sides of the sink so tightly his knuckles turned white. This isn’t happening, this isn’t happening, this isn’t happening, he repeated to himself, over and over.
It may have been better for him to give in and believe it.
A fellow customer pushed the door open and entered the diner’s small public restroom. He glanced at Ross, noted the cold sweat and panicked eyes, and quietly locked himself into the lone stall to mind his own business. Ross didn’t even notice the man.
After a few more seconds of hyperventilation, Ross gathered his wits enough for a deep breath, a prelude to calm. He washed his hands and dried them, once he figured out how to work the automatic paper towel dispenser.
The stranger remained in his stall for this, possibly more out of concern for his own well-being than out of respect for Ross’s existential crisis.
Ross sighed and pulled the door open to return to his table. The plate was still there, waiting for him. Mocking him.The neon peas, the tumbled fries, the sloppy meatballs, and the gravy.
Sneaking under the food, snaking its way throughout the plate. Tainting the peas and dampening the fries. One wilted sprig of parsley wasn’t nearly enough to save this meal from oblivion. Ross forced the bile in his mouth back down his throat and held a hand up to flag down the waitress.
- I really really need to have more than one post on standby. Goals for when things are easier.
- I have all my cases for my census job. And only one with no address!
- My mom spent $300 on plants and plant stuff today. I don’t grow things so I just don’t get it.
- I now have every shade of NYX Liquid Suede lipstick.
- My best friend brought food over today while we were gone. Ian walked her through how to break in. He fixed the door this afternoon though, so don’t bother trying.
- Ian just called Ellen Page the female Michael Cera.
- Tonight we watched The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. Entertaining but sad.
food haiku; alright
breakfast, lunch, and dinner too