Liebster Award, Take 5, I ThinkPosted: March 3, 2016
The current rules of the Liebster Award are as follows:
- Thank your nominator.
- Share the award on your blog.
- Answer 10 questions asked to you.
- Ask 10 questions to 10 new nominees (who have less than 300 followers).
- Notify them via social media.
- How did you get into blogging? I have just the post for that: A Time Warp Tuesday post about Blog Beginnings. It’s an entire post (with a link to another), so it’s not a quick, succinct little answer to the first question here, but I do recommend you go read it–It’s one of my early posts here that I still see myself in when I read it. TLDR: people were mean so I took my words and made my own blog.
- What 3 words would you use to describe your personality? Oh, the dreaded “three words!” Okay. Deep breath. Here goes. Joyful. Present. Amused. I cannot think of any other point in my life when I would have chosen those three words: even, any of those three words. I’m doing well lately.
- What is the nicest thing that you have done for a stranger? I do nice things for people. I’m not sure what the absolute nicest would be. I’ve bought homeless people meals. That’s pretty nice. I’ve given rides; I’ve given hugs; I’ve listened. Who’s to say which is the nicest? It’s all in the eye of the beholder.
- What was one of the hardest lessons you had to learn so far? Life’s not fair.
- What is one thing you hope to achieve in 2016? Let’s publish some writing for pay!
- If you could have any two people (living or deceased) over for drinks, who would it be and why? That’s easy: my grandfathers. My husband never met them; my mother’s father died before I’d even met Ian, and my father’s father lived far away. They had a lot in common with each other:they were both rocket scientists (which tickles me pink), I was their first granddaughter, they were both alcoholics (hence having them over for drinks). And I miss them. I miss them a lot.
- What is your favorite comfort food? This is bad. I know it’s bad. Please don’t lecture me on how disgusting it is. I just can’t help myself. My favorite comfort food is Wendy’s chili.
- What is your motto in life? It always gets better eventually. Sometimes it will get worse first, but it will get better.
- Name 5 places that you want to go. Kenya, England, Singapore, Mongolia, Australia.
- What is the legacy you want to leave behind for others after you die? My words. I want people to read what I’ve written and be happy and nice to each other.
You know, I briefly considered letting the award die, but then that just seemed cruel and unusual. So now I’m stuck coming up with questions.
But I wasn’t going to nominate anyone, so I’ll just leave Kris’s questions up for any takers!
I know, that’s cheating. #sorrynotsorry
- How did you get into blogging?
- What 3 words would you use to describe your personality?
- What is the nicest thing that you have done for a stranger?
- What was one of the hardest lessons you had to learn so far?
- What is one thing you hope to achieve in 2016?
- If you could have any two people (living or deceased) over for drinks, who would it be and why?
- What is your favorite comfort food?
- What is your motto in life?
- Name 5 places that you want to go.
- What is the legacy you want to leave behind for others after you die?
Answer one; answer them all!
Answer them here; answer them there!
Answer the questions anywhere!