NaNo TagPosted: November 2, 2015
Here’s a NaNoWriMo tag from Amanda McCormick!
- How many times have you done NaNoWriMo? I’ve officially participated the past three years, but four years ago I got all gung ho about it and then it didn’t happen.
- How did you first find out about NaNoWriMo? Well, I don’t remember exactly, but four years ago I read something about it somewhere–I know, super specific–but I didn’t realize it was something you actually went somewhere to sign up for. I’d figured that out by the next year.
- What was the name of the first novel you attempted with NaNo? It didn’t have a name, the poor thing. But it was about a suicidal alcoholic, apparently–I just went and read what I wrote in 2011. I’ll have to revisit it after this year’s NaNoWriMo.
- Give us a 1 sentence summary of what you’re writing this year. This year, I’m writing Pictures of Myself, about the importance (or unimportance) of memory.
- What’s the best writing advice you’ve ever been given? Write!
- Did you ever take a year off from NaNo? Why? Not yet, but I haven’t finished just as many times as I have.
- What’s your biggest inspiration when figuring out what to write? Dreams, actually. When I do write down scraps of dreams, they tend to work out well.
- Read us the first sentence from one of your novels. Dear Diary, I feel a little silly writing that, but I’ve always wanted to.
- Why do you love writing? Because it’s the greatest thing ever! Because it’s fun, because I’m good at it! Because I love writing.