Thirty Days in the HolePosted: September 3, 2015
Today’s Daily Prompt:
A contagious disease requires you to be put into quarantine for a whole month (don’t worry, you get well by the time you’re free to go!). How would you spend your time in isolation?
- This isn’t so bad. I will miss my cat, though. Be good for Grandma, Mr Whiskers! It’s gonna be so weird using a landline for a month.
- One down, twenty-nine to go. I think the light in here makes my skin look a funny color.
- It isn’t the light.
- Still slightly greenish. I wish they’d have let me bring a camera in here so I could post selfies to Facebook and Instagram. But my mom brought Mr Whiskers to see me.
- This rash is not fun.
- Not fun at all.
- And it’s spread to my scalp. I want to rip my hair out of my greenish skin.
- THE AGONY AND THE ECSTASY OF SCRATCHING THIS RASH.
- I am covered in scabs. I can’t read anymore because I bleed on the pages when I turn them.
- Must. Not. Pick.
- I picked.
- You know how when you have a scab that’s ready to come off and it itches? That everywhere.
- Thank you for visiting me, Mr Whiskers! I wish I could pet you and hold you and love you instead of stare at you through the glass. You make the bad itchies go away.
- Did I mention that I don’t have adequate shower facilities?
- I do believe that every square inch of floor is coated in skin or scabs. Pretty gross. Looks like I’m spending the next two weeks in bed.
- Have you ever gotten scabs between your toes? Your faintly green-tinged toes?
- I think I’m completely healed. On the surface. The green surface.
- Yup, still green.
- I thought I was supposed to be better by now?
- Ain’t no sunshine when she’s gone. Only darkness every day. Ain’t no sunshine when she’s gone, and this house just ain’t no home, anytime she goes away.
- When I get out I think it will be fall. I will jump in the leaves like I never jumped in the leaves before.
- I think, I could be wrong, but I think, I might be getting better.
- Yes. I am definitely getting better. Not so Kermit today.
- Is it still the same year? It feels like forever and a day.
- When I look at my hands, they look like someone else’s hands. My hands are green, and these hands are not green.
- Are feet shoes?
- Mr Whiskers Mr Whiskers Mr Whiskers
- Today I ate the phone book. It tasted yellow.
- So many people are looking at me.
- What is that? There’s a big giant hole in my wall! No! You can’t come in you can’t come in imcontagious